Writing is the love of my life.
I have to confess, writing itself, brings me inner peace, such happiness, joy, and contentment, that I do not experience from anything else I regularly do. Nothing compares to the feeling. If only writing books was that simple. But as a self- published Author of non-fiction, loads of other things have to be factored into the equation besides the writing itself:
- Interviewing – for this Asexual Perspectives book.
- Asking your intervieews more questions in view of their responses. This can mean a lot of back and forth emailing.
- Typing your handwritten book up, and your interviewee answers, or using copy and paste and re-formatting the text to fit your own font and type size.
- Editing your intervieews grammar, spelling and punctuation, enough so that it is legible, but still kept authentic and in their own voice.
- Editing your own writing for the book multiple times, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proofreading, and again, and again, and again – and even more than that.
- Getting someone else to proof read it for you.
- Incorporating their interviews into the book so they blend in with your own part and emphasise what you are saying in their own, natural way.
- Writing the back matter and front matter.
- Creating a TOC.
- Getting a list of further resources together – where appropriate.
- Fomatting the book correction.
- Typsetting the book correctly.
- Correct pagination.
- Book cover design for Kindle and Createspace – with a blurb!
- Hiring the right designers, proofreaders and editors, if you can’t do that yourself.
- Purchasing ISBNs, if you want to use your own!!
And anything else I may have forgotten to mention.
So you can see that a love and passion for writing, has to be an almost obsession, to be able to give you the patience, determination and persistence, to pull off publishing your own book! You need to use your inner power to believe you will get it done, no matter what! Don’t over think it, just do it!
If you are redundant it can be a great time to take stock of your life and start writing that book that is within you.
Many people don’t know where to start when writing a book and they procrastinate and never get started, here is my number one tip for getting started with writing your book – it’s called my ‘creative writing explosion’ technique, and in this video I explain how to start writing a book using my creative writing explosion technique, that is about ad-libbing and creating free-flowing stories on the hop. Try it out and leave your comments below – don’t forget to subscribe!
Happy Christmas xx
Thanks for sticking with me of another awesome quirky year – there are many more to come!! And keep believing in you xx
Well I am amazingly happy to announce that I have just started my first online clothing range for writers on Amazon.com – yes, under the brand name of Quirky Books – first two T Shirts went live in the early hours of this morning and are at a bargain price especially for the Black Friday promotion. So don’t forget to grab yourself a bargain. – If you live in the UK, you cannot buy these yet – but I will also have my T Shirts on Redbubble in the near future! Let me know what you think and I will hurry up and get them on there if you love them so much!
Check out these new designs and let me know what you think!! http://amzn.to/2fZr02d
I already have a Quirky T Shirt brand in case you did not know and these are also reduced for the Black Friday promotion with 7 new designs added this morning, like this Don’t Criticize Me Until You’re Perfect T Shirt – check them out here http://amzn.to/2goHrpv
P>S> Stay Quirky xx And write soon – on a T Shirt if you need to!! Now, I bet you did not think of designing T Shirts as writing on a cloth canvas – did you?? But it is!! Enjoy!!
If you have been made redundant – redundancy is a fantastic time to write that book you have always dreamed about writing, or the book you have always had within your soul but never realised!!
In this mini training video series, I focus on yet another element of how to improve your writing. In this fourth video on how to improve your writing skills, today I talk to you about punctuation and grammar and how best to use it! Check it out, subscribe, give it a thumbs up and leave your comment.
Here it is, the moment you have been waiting for all your quirky life. How to embrace your quirky in your life and business to be happy!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and wondered who is looking back at you? Have you ever felt depressed? Lacked self-esteem or self-belief? If so, I can help you – listen to my podcast interview now on SoundCloud with New Inceptions!
You do not have to be signed-up to SoundCloud to hear my podcast! Just click on play and click on the ‘AoL 050: How To Embrace Your Quirky To’ image, to see the full article about my interview!
Enjoy, and please leave a comment below and tell me how you Embrace Your Quirky and what difficulties you are currently experiencing that I can help you with?