It has been a while since I posted on here. Apologies for being away so long. I have been incredibly busy working on my Break through the barriers of redundancy book and working hard on promoting it, before it is published and available on Amazon. It should be published by the end of May.
I recently attended the Business Showcase South West, in Bristol, on the 8th of April. Which was a fantastic networking opportunity.
One of the keynote speakers was Author Brad Burton, who owns 4Networking and has been branded as the UK’s number one motivational business speaker.
If you are thinking of starting your own business, Brad said in order to succeed in business, you need to have 3 things.
1 An idea
3 Belief (that it will work)
He said that you need to have a why.
In other words, you need to know what business you want to start and why? Why that particular idea for a business? You need to know how you forsee your idea becoming a reality and why you believe it will work.
Whether you are thinking of starting your own business, or you have already begun, I want you to think about – What is your why?
If you are not interested in starting your own business but you are looking for work, I want you to consider why you are looking for certain types of jobs. What are the pros and the cons? What other opportunities are there? Why are you wanting to work for a particular company? What’s in it for you?
When you know your why, you can begin to think of your how. With vision and belief, anything is possible.
I am fortunate enough to be connected to Brad Burton through social media, I follow him and he reciprocates. He has a humongous following but follows only a selected few back. That’s what I mean by anything is possible, you just have to know why and believe.
Until next time, stay positive.
If you are redundant and thinking of starting your own business or of trying a new approach to life, this book may be for you.
Voted best business book 2011 by Brad Burton’s wife, Get of your arse too , is a no-holds barred, tell-it-like-it-is, book about taking action to succeed in all aspects of your life. Brad speaks in his plain talking no-nonsense, meeting-a-mate-down-the-pub voice, making it easy to relate to whatever he is talking about.
In this book you will discover:
- Brad’s own story and what propelled him to move his life forward, both personally and professionally.
- How you can make positive changes to make more progress in your life and career.
- That as you are your business, being true to yourself in all aspects of your business, is essential for it to succeed.
- Ruling fear, instead of letting fear rule you, is a basic principal in getting ahead of whatever is holding you back in your life and career.
- The only way to live your life to its full potential, is your own unique way and only you can lead the way to what you want.
- It’s up to you to rely on yourself to make things work.
- Your success and happiness depends on you.
- There are no short cuts, running your own business means work, work, work, not a quick-fix cash machine.
- What results you get depend on what you put into your life and your business. It’s up to you to work hard, to put the hours in and get off your arse to make things happen.
One of my favourite quotes from the book is on page 5. “There is nothing worse than working for years only to realise that your ladder to success is leaning against the wrong wall.”
In short, Brad continually emphasises throughout the book, that it’s you who must take charge of your own destiny by really thinking about what you want and want really makes you happy. You must then face your fears, learn new stuff, make changes and get of your arse to achieve it.
If you want an unconventional business book to read, or a fresh approach to life and business, then make sure this one is on your list.