Category Archives: Brad Burton
If you are redundant and thinking of starting your own business or of trying a new approach to life, this book may be for you.
Voted best business book 2011 by Brad Burton’s wife, Get of your arse too , is a no-holds barred, tell-it-like-it-is, book about taking action to succeed in all aspects of your life. Brad speaks in his plain talking no-nonsense, meeting-a-mate-down-the-pub voice, making it easy to relate to whatever he is talking about.
In this book you will discover:
- Brad’s own story and what propelled him to move his life forward, both personally and professionally.
- How you can make positive changes to make more progress in your life and career.
- That as you are your business, being true to yourself in all aspects of your business, is essential for it to succeed.
- Ruling fear, instead of letting fear rule you, is a basic principal in getting ahead of whatever is holding you back in your life and career.
- The only way to live your life to its full potential, is your own unique way and only you can lead the way to what you want.
- It’s up to you to rely on yourself to make things work.
- Your success and happiness depends on you.
- There are no short cuts, running your own business means work, work, work, not a quick-fix cash machine.
- What results you get depend on what you put into your life and your business. It’s up to you to work hard, to put the hours in and get off your arse to make things happen.
One of my favourite quotes from the book is on page 5. “There is nothing worse than working for years only to realise that your ladder to success is leaning against the wrong wall.”
In short, Brad continually emphasises throughout the book, that it’s you who must take charge of your own destiny by really thinking about what you want and want really makes you happy. You must then face your fears, learn new stuff, make changes and get of your arse to achieve it.
If you want an unconventional business book to read, or a fresh approach to life and business, then make sure this one is on your list.