Persistence, Patience and Inner Power!
Posted by Quirky Books
Writing is the love of my life.
I have to confess, writing itself, brings me inner peace, such happiness, joy, and contentment, that I do not experience from anything else I regularly do. Nothing compares to the feeling. If only writing books was that simple. But as a self- published Author of non-fiction, loads of other things have to be factored into the equation besides the writing itself:
- Interviewing – for this Asexual Perspectives book.
- Asking your intervieews more questions in view of their responses. This can mean a lot of back and forth emailing.
- Typing your handwritten book up, and your interviewee answers, or using copy and paste and re-formatting the text to fit your own font and type size.
- Editing your intervieews grammar, spelling and punctuation, enough so that it is legible, but still kept authentic and in their own voice.
- Editing your own writing for the book multiple times, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proofreading, and again, and again, and again – and even more than that.
- Getting someone else to proof read it for you.
- Incorporating their interviews into the book so they blend in with your own part and emphasise what you are saying in their own, natural way.
- Writing the back matter and front matter.
- Creating a TOC.
- Getting a list of further resources together – where appropriate.
- Fomatting the book correction.
- Typsetting the book correctly.
- Correct pagination.
- Book cover design for Kindle and Createspace – with a blurb!
- Hiring the right designers, proofreaders and editors, if you can’t do that yourself.
- Purchasing ISBNs, if you want to use your own!!
And anything else I may have forgotten to mention.
So you can see that a love and passion for writing, has to be an almost obsession, to be able to give you the patience, determination and persistence, to pull off publishing your own book! You need to use your inner power to believe you will get it done, no matter what! Don’t over think it, just do it!
About Quirky BooksPublished Author of BREAK THROUGH THE BARRIERS OF REDUNDANCY TO GET BACK INTO WORK - AN A-Z 'HOW TO' GUIDE and How To Get Started With Twitter For Absolute Beginners, A Step-By-Step Guide and Asexual Perspectives 47 Asexual Stories: Love, Life and Sex, ACElebration of Asexual Diversity. In a nutshell, my Break Through The Barriers Of Redundancy book is a complete A-Z system for getting back into work, and a comprehensive guide about how you can recover from the devastating effects of redundancy to live the life of your dreams. Although this book is predominantly aimed at redundant workers, the content will prove equally useful to jobseekers or anyone looking to change careers for whatever reason. This book provides eighty benefits and covers twenty-six aspects of redundancy. It’s a system because each of the chapters is broken down into ‘5 components of redundancy’. You need to master all components in order to give you the best chance of success at getting back into work. Because this book takes a holistic view of redundancy, one of the key elements to master first of all is wellbeing skills, before progressing through exploring what options are available to you and later, learning the practical job skills. This book is different because it does not just focus on one element of redundancy, but on the many barriers you need to conquer if you are to successfully get back into work, I show you how to deal with the inner trauma and turmoil of being made redundant (health and wellbeing skills), before focusing on the practical elements such as job skills, and deciding on your future path. I have worked in management roles for seven years. Part of my management duties entailed interviewing, recruiting, training and coaching staff and I took part in every aspect of the recruitment process from placing the advert to completing staff inductions and training. I have also experienced the other side of the recruitment process, when I was applying for work and being interviewed for jobs whilst redundant. I have been made redundant twice and each time managed to successfully work my way back up the career ladder. It is from experience that I have gained insight into both points of view and I am able to help others. This book is the first Quirky Book that I published and it's under my own imprint of Quirky Books. It's unique and groundbreaking because it combines two genres, an A-Z Guide with a How To book. Each of its A-Z chapters is about an element of redundancy, and within each chapter it explains how to do things related to that element to break though your barriers of redundancy and beat your redundancy blues. That’s what makes it a quirky book. Buy it from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BREAK-THROUGH-BARRIERS-REDUNDANCY-GUIDE-ebook/dp/B0128RWB5O Buy it from Amazon USA: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BREAK-THROUGH-BARRIERS-REDUNDANCY-GUIDE-ebook/dp/B0128RWB5O Like on Facebook www.facebook.com/BreakThroughTheBarriersOfRedundancyBook You can view my quirkybooks writing blog at http://www.quirkybooks.wordpress.com
Posted on June 17, 2017, in Redundancy and tagged #amediting, #ampublishing, #amwriting, Asexual Perspectives Book, Author, Book editing, Inner Power, Patience, Persistence, Personal development, Writer, Writing Process. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.