Rest, Relax and Recharge
It it often all too easy when you are redundant and battling with high volumes of competition, to run yourself in to the ground.
So come Christmas Eve make sure you have written a list of all the things you need to do in the first two weeks of the new year to put you ahead of the game where job hunting is concerned.
Your list should include the following:
- Sign on dates and times.
- The opening hours of your job centre.
- Any appointments with an employment advisor.
- Any closing dates for jobs you have applied for.
- Date and time of any interviews you may have.
- In order to follow up on applications already sent, you need to make a note of the dates when those companies return from their holidays.
- Start dates for any courses you have agreed to undertake or for any voluntary work you agreed to do. With a list of items you need to take with you.
- In order to keep control of your finances, note any dates of benefit payments and list any upcoming outgoings.
- Note anything else that you need to do.
Posted on December 22, 2011, in employment, job search, redundancies, Redundancy, unemployed, unemployment and tagged Beat redundancy blues, Head start (positioning), Job Search, redundancy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.