5 Ways To Increase Your Chances of Getting a Job
In these tough economic times when competition is at an all time high, you need to show a potential employer, you are the one that they should employ.
These are my top 5 tips on how to increase your employability if you are currently redundant:
2) In the interview you must be confident and sell your skills and experience to the employer, with relevance to the role for which you are applying.
3) During an interview, you must be prepared to answer the question, what are your weaknesses? And turn those weaknesses into strengths.
4) Do voluntary work. It increases your chances of getting a job because you are already working and therefore deemed to be more employable than someone who isn’t.
5) Take a course. If you are updating your skills you will be seen by a potential employer as someone who is adaptable and willing to learn.
- Tax Tips for the Self-Employed (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Top 10 questions asked by jobseekers (mirror.co.uk)
Posted on September 13, 2011, in employment, interviews, job search, redundancies, Redundancy, unemployed and tagged Application for employment, Business, cover letter, Employability, employment, Job Search, Résumé, Volunteering. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.