Are you doing your dirty bit?
If you look like you don’t care for yourself, not only is it off-putting for the interviewer, it indicates:
- You don’t care about the job.
- You don’t care about working with other people.
- You are not going to take pride in your job or make an effort.
It is important you clean up your act by doing the following before your interview:
- Shower or have a bath.
- Wear clean clothes, underwear and socks.
- Play safe. Wear a formal shirt or blouse and a formal skirt or trousers.
- All clothes need to be neatly ironed and stain free.
- Keep colours as neutral as possible, black and white or navy and white are good options.
- Use deodorant.
- Polish shoes and ensure any laces are tied.
- If you suffer with bad dandruff, brush it away beforehand.
- Clean your teeth and freshen your breath.
- Clean your hair and groom it well.
Posted on August 1, 2011, in employment, interviews, job search, Redundancy, unemployment and tagged employment, Interview Advice, Job interview, jobsearch, personal hygiene, redundancy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.