If you look like you don’t care for yourself, not only is it off-putting for the interviewer, it indicates:
- You don’t care about the job.
- You don’t care about working with other people.
- You are not going to take pride in your job or make an effort.
It is important you clean up your act by doing the following before your interview:
- Shower or have a bath.
- Wear clean clothes, underwear and socks.
- Play safe. Wear a formal shirt or blouse and a formal skirt or trousers.
- All clothes need to be neatly ironed and stain free.
- Keep colours as neutral as possible, black and white or navy and white are good options.
- Use deodorant.
- Polish shoes and ensure any laces are tied.
- If you suffer with bad dandruff, brush it away beforehand.
- Clean your teeth and freshen your breath.
- Clean your hair and groom it well.